WHAT IS A TRADE SHOW MODEL?
A trade show model is a person, usually a female, that is hired to represent your company at a convention or conference.
These models serve two purposes;
- Engage your customers and increase leads.
- Perform event specific tasks.
Experienced trade show models draw attention with outgoing and confident personalities. They know how to maximize verbal cues like making eye contact, smiling, and proper body language, such as never turning your back on the exhibit floor and keeping good posture no matter how tired one is.
Conference girls appeal to the attendees of your convention, bringing more visitors to your booth. Staffing models increases interest in the product or service due to a model’s good looks, ability to socialize with individuals, and enchanting character.
WHY SHOULD YOU HIRE TRADE SHOW MODELS?
They Attract Attention
Trade show models help organizations of all sizes to increase sales and manage leads at corporate events. Although they are typically sought after for their beauty, professional models can be very intelligent and often have college degrees.
Our Product Demonstrators will showcase your products and demonstrate the benefits and value of your products.
They Engage Prospects
Your exhibit girls will interact with scores of attendees and qualify or generate leads for your sales team.
Our expo staffing may also be used for neccessary support tasks such as handing out sales materials and scaning badges so your models can stay focused on interacting with prospective buyers.
Expertise That Makes A Difference
TSM Agency convention staffing provides skilled models that are adept at learning information about your organization and articulating it to your visitors.
Our professionals have years of real world experience and are so good that many visitors think they are employed by the company they are representing.
Our account executives and management team are some of the most experienced in the industry. This means your projects run as smoothly as possible.
Any company or organization that exhibits at a conference or expo requires trade show staffing.
The top 5 reasons to hire booth staff
• Additional staffing – an extra set of hands never hurt
• Save money – don’t pay for airfare, hotel, and other related expenses
• Experience – someone who knows what they are doing
• Product demonstration – demonstrate your product while you talk to potential customers
• Increase brand exposure – appeal to your demographic
TYPES OF CONVENTION MODELS
Trade show staffing terminology can vary. To the casual observer, there may not be any difference between staffing trade show hostesses and spokesmodels. Here are the different types of trade show staffing available and an overview of what they are.
Whatever term you decide to refer to your models as, be assured that our models for hire are excellent when interacting with crowds, and providing visitors with a positive first impression of your exhibit.
Our conference and convention staff can do more than just demo products and scan badges. They have experience learning
information about company’s products and services and will articulate essential information to visitors. They will add value and provide assistance that will positively impact your business.
MODELS FOR HIRE
5 reasons you need sales help
Not every person is a natural born salesman. Even employees who have been with the company for years, and know the products inside and out, may falter when presenting to a prospective client in person. The fast paced environment of conventions only exacerbates this problem. Staffing help is the solution.
OUR HOSTESSES ARE TRAINED TO:
- Acknowledge every single person who walks by
- Engage with visitors who stop and express an interest in your company, product, or service
- Present the products that best match attendees needs.
- Prequalify leads
- Disengage with the prospect in an effcient manner and thank them for their time.
A FEW OF OUR GLOWING REVIEWS
Mar 21, 2017 by Ginny
NEED A PRICE QUOTE? CONTACT US!
TRADE SHOW MODELS – TSM AGENCY
TRADE SHOW INDUSTRY BY THE NUMBERS
It ‘s hard to arrive at concrete answers to questions regarding the largest trades shows and the number of attendees, as they are dependent on how you define them. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP 1 performed a study when approached by the Convention Industry Council 2. These types of events were classified as meetings, and the economic significance to the U.S. economy studied.
- 1.8 million meetings took place in the U.S. during 2009 3
- 205 million participants 3
- $263 billion in direct spending 3
- $907 billion in total industry output 3
Number of events by type 3
- 273,000 Conventions and Conferences
- 10,900 Trade Shows
- 1,298,300 Corporate/Business meetings
Attendance by type 3
- 60,960,000 Conventions and Conferences
- 26,768,000 Trade Shows
- 113,337,000 Corporate/Business meetings
TRADE SHOW TOP 10’S
Top 10 By Attendance
- New York International Auto Show
- Washington Auto Show
- North American International Auto Show (NAIAS)
- Airventure Oshkosh
- Dallas Auto Show
- National Farm Machinery Show
- Philadelphia International Auto Show
- Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX)
- International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
- Miami International Boat Show
Top 10 By the Number of Exhibitors
- MAGIC Market week
- Process Expo (FPSA)
- International Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
- NY NOW – New York International Gift Fair
- ASD Las Vegas
- National Hardware Show
- Offshore Technology Conference (OTC)
- Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market
- JCK Las Vegas
- Las Vegas
- New York City
- New Orleans and San Francisco
PREPARE IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR BIG DAY
Last minute rushing is unavoidable, but when your tasks involve other people, we highly advise against it. If you are exhibiting at a large national or international event, you must consider the hundreds of other companies that may also be staffing. If you wait until the last minute, the experienced girls will mostly all be booked. Make arrangements early enough with your modeling agency so that you have the best available staff for your company and not the competition.
TRADE SHOW TIP: TREAT YOUR MODELS WELL
You have booked the best models to represent your company at the big convention and are ready to sell. You are counting on your hired help, who have most likely never met you before, to do her part, but did you know you are partially responsible for her success?
We understand you may be stressed and have a million things on your mind. How you treat your convention staff can set the tone for the entire show and how well she performs.
How to get the most out of your trade show hostesses
- Work hard – Actions are stronger than words, and your staff will pick up on this and follow your example. Set your performance culture, even if it is for only one day.
- Respect your convention staff – who doesn’t work better when treated this way? When staffing convention models don’t treat your temporary help any worse than you treat your full-time employees. If you do, they will pick up on this, and it won’t be appreciated.
- Don’t make your problems her problems – we understand issues can happen during a conference. Maybe something got lost in shipping or the team forget to send something important. Don’t take your stress out or blame your model.
- Demonstrate that you care – Small gestures go a long way. Offer to get food or drink for your event staff or hostess when you are doing so for yourself. Ask her how her feet are holding up.
Following these few common sense tips can help you get the most out of your model. Keep her positive and portraying the best persona of your company possible. Isn’t this why you staffed girls in the first place?
- Convention Industry Council
- The Economic Significance of Meetings to the U.S.Economy
WORK WITH US
We’ll do everything we can to make your important convention a success! One of our experienced account executives will review your requirements, provide a free no-obligation quote, and provide all deliverables in the staffing process.